Friday, June 3, 2011

Live Your Life: 5 Death-bed Regrets

They say everyone have got regrets, you have to learn to live with them. Some say they don't have any while others drown in them. The truth is when the sun is setting in our lives everything becomes bright. To retrospect on the (should have/would have/could have) done become obvious and it would be easy to know if the life lived was fulfilled. I stumbled upon a site where a nurse stated the top 5 death-bed regrets she had heard in years of experience. Learn from it.
1. I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
2. I wish I didn't work so hard.
3. I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.

I have decided to add the link to the site http://cot.ag/ivZFq0 if you want to check it out. I use to think on my death bed my thoughts would circle round, "Who is going to update my Facebook/Twitter status?"

1 comment:

  1. Deathbed regrets is a really great topic to think about, because given the awareness of other people's regrets, we can choose to live life to the full. I've extended on that idea and written a sensitive response here: http://greenminimalism.com/2013/07/13/top-5-deathbed-regrets-and-why-they-dont-bother-me/

    ReplyDelete