Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Is to Have Had and Lost Better Than Not Having at All?

With the same sword they knight you, they gon' good night you with
Shit, that's only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, see Malcolm
See Biggie, see Pac, see success and its outcome
See Jesus, see Judas
See Caesar, see Brutus, see success is like suicide
Suicide, it's a suicide
If you succeed, prepare to be crucified
Media meddles, niggaz sue you, you settle
Every step you take, they remind you you're ghetto
So it's tough being Bobby Brown
To be Bobby then, you have to be Bobby now
And the question is, "Is to have had and lost
Better than not having at all?"
Jay-z/ LOST remix

Everyone hope for a greener pasture, we live everyday with the notion there's something better than where we are. If there actually was, only a few find out. Others have to cope [thank God for religion than makes broke people content with being broke]. Like the saying goes "no condition is permanent [either good or bad]". So what happens when you have had and lost and is it better than not having in the first place?

I live in a world of dreamers who are desperate to make it. A lot are into repatriation [I mean yahoo], getting back what the Western world stole from us. Others go for the legit way. Fact is not everyone make it. I have a friend with over five years yahoo working experience [and counting] and not one hit. This guy is not even showing any sign of giving up soon. The tragic part is this guy bought a phone with his own legit cash recently and claimed it was a maga that sent him the money. The comforting thing about the guy's situation [and he doesn't know] is that no one expects anything from him cause no one ever looked up to him. No one is praying for him to fail.

The story is different with someone who has had it all, someone like Mike Tyson [only for a woman to knock him out of his wealth]. I have families around me that at one point they were in affluence, but now they travel to their villages for christmas and lie they were abroad. Even their parents contribute to the cover-up. I'm guessing the shame one experiences makes the fall hurt more than the fall. One of them ended up being tenants in their own house.

I introspected about the options, will I be better as a 'once had' or 'never had'? I'll go for being a 'once had' than never taste what I longed for. Henry Ford once said "I made my fortune when I had nothing to start with, by myself and my own ideas...If I lose everything...I will start at the beginning and build it up again." So even if I lose it all, I'm certain of making it again. The climb up would no doubt be easier if you remembered those that helped you get there, you'll have to look up to those you looked down on. However, the truth about life is only a few people [if any] would want your success to exceed theirs. The fall of most great men were caused by people whose status was not on par with theirs. That is when success becomes scary and you need to put on your Haterz Stunnerz Shade. So I want you to think about it, what do you prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment