Thursday, October 31, 2013

Please, Don't Sell Me Your Dream


There's an assumption successful people have regardless their field, and that's people perceived as less successful wants to be like them. That belief is also shared by "motivational speakers" who share the achievement of others with the purpose to make anyone believe "you could be like them".

I don't buy that though. My stand is don't sell me your dream or that of others 'cause I don't buy "copy and paste" means of being successful. Even successful people experience difficulty in achieving the same feat twice. Nas once said, "O, you went platinum, yeah, that's nice. Now let me see you do the same thing twice". So if duplicating success is difficult why do people think imitation is easy?

Take for instance, you read a cook book by Gordon Ramsay and believe you will be able to cook half as good might be misleading.

I said earlier, don't sell me your dream- I have mine. Don't tell me "do all these to be like me"... who says I want to be like you.

Take time to introspect and ask yourself, are you striving towards you OWN dream

No comments:

Post a Comment