Monday, October 28, 2013

Looking Forward to Suspension

I have a job that pays but I spend all my energy for each penny. Nothing comes for something I guess...not. What I believe is superiors want subordinate suffer to compensate for the shit they probably went through getting to the top.

I work hard and that has become an issue because whenever someone wants a task done, I'm called. So lately, I get so many tasks to be overwhelmed and the Ogas at the top know this but don't give a shit. I become inefficient at times.

The punch line is all the shit I do don't count as far as my appraisal was concerned. I should be sacked if my last appraisal was taken into consideration. Like a manager once said, headless chicken.

The manager was right. I spend most of my day on my superiors' work and not mine. The irony was the manager was inclusive to those who kept me busy with their work.

To decline was easy...if there was no consequence. Take for instance the day I was approaching Third Mainland Bridge traffic after work. The time was about 9:30pm and it began to rain. The day was tough as usual. I had spent that night to satisfy my supervisor with a report that she kept tweaking. By 9pm I was done, I gave her the report and placed them in an envelope. Finally, I was done...or so I thought. In about 30 minutes my phone began to ring. I answered to hear her screaming at the other end of the line. She wanted me to return to the office, prepare more reports and bring them to her house in Lekki. NOTE: I didn't even know her house. I told myself, this is your last day.

Minutes later I received a call from another superior who told me not to worry. That was how my ass was saved that day. Two days later something similar happened and my ass was once again saved.

This week, I expect something more outrageous and it will be evident I was fed up.

With my situation into consideration, a week suspension won't be bad. I need the time to rest even if it would affect my pay next month

No comments:

Post a Comment